Meet The Doctor
William R. Dzyak, D.D.S., P.C.
Dr. William Dzyak is a Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial surgeon. His training began at University of Pittsburgh followed by Temple University Dental School for four years in Philadelphia, graduating in the top 1% of his class. He was President of the Oral Surgery Honor Society and was given a Fellowship in Head and Neck reconstructive surgery. He was accepted, as his first choice, at Louisiana State University for Oral and Maxillofacial surgery. Upon graduating from LSU, he returned to the area and has provided Oral and Maxillofacial services to the community for many years. He is married to his wife, Kathy, and has three children.
Dr. Dzyak is active in many professional organizations including the following:
- American Dental Association
- Maryland State Dental Association
- Southern Maryland Dental Society
- Fellow of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Board Certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member of the International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member of the Maryland Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Society
- Member Mid-Atlantic Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Member American Society of Dental Anesthesiology
- He is on the PEER review committee for the State of Maryland
- He is a member of the national Dental fraternal organization, Omicron Kappa Upsilon, Magna Cum Laude
He has been recognized by Washingtonian Magazine as one of the top Oral and Maxillofacial surgeons in 1997, 2003, 2006, 2009, and most recently in April 2011. He has also been recognized by the Consumers’ Research Council of America as one of America’s top doctors in 2008 and 2011.
Dr. Dzyak has a Class III General Anesthesia permit for the State of Maryland. He is ACLS certified and his entire staff is CPR certified.
Dr. Dzyak has staff privileges at Shady Grove Adventist Hospital in Rockville and Holy Cross Hospital in Silver Spring.
Dr. Dzyak is very active in continuing education. He has lectured extensively to professional study groups and internationally. He is currently developing programs of continuing education offered at his Boyds, MD office.
Dr. Dzyak provides IV Anesthesia and services for physically and developmentally challenged Special Needs patients.